Wednesday, April 19, 2006

humidity is back on the scale

Last weekend, we used the sump pump to empty the tub (in the crawl space) which collects water from the dehumidifier 24 hours/day. While I was down there in the crawl space, I noticed that the dehumidifier indicated that the humidity was 80%. Up 'til that time, all it ever said was "Hi" - meaning that the humidity was off the scale. But, that was apparently only a transient indication, since it went back to "Hi" and seemed like that was where it was going to stay.

But today, I took a peek and the dehumidifier said "80%" steadily - so I guess we're really getting that crawl space dried out. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it stays that way. It'll take at least a complete year's worth of seasons before we can tell how the weather is going to change down there.

No comments: